Our native hedgehogs need our help, a close relative of the shrew their numbers have been declining over the last few years but you can do simple things to help.
- Make sure there are CD case sized gaps in boundary fences and walls to allow easy passage.
- Move piles of rubbish to a new site before burning it.
- Check areas carefully before mowing or strimming.
- Ensure netting is kept at a safe height.
- Check compost heaps before digging the fork in.
- Stop or reduce the amount of pesticides and poisons used.
- Cover drains or deep holes.
- Ensure there is an easy route out of ponds & pools.